THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 04, 2007

girls just wanna have fun


I woke up this morning a little dazed, wondering if the events that transpired last night actually happened. And I wasn't even drinking! Kassey, Jenny, Vanessa, and I took Rachel out last night for her 'last night on the town' as a single woman before she gets hitched next weekend. I arrived late since I was at Luke's rehearsal dinner (he gets married today!) and I'm directed by Kass to meet them at Sophia's in Davis. I come to find them at a table in the middle of the bar with Rachel in a faux veil and a sash reading "bride-to-be"---classic bachelorette attire. The next hour was spent asking any guy that passed by to sign the bride (only her arms were available for signing....other places were off limits of course). We met Enrique, who claimed to be a firefighter by day and allegedly a stripper-on-request by night. We met an Irishmen who had just returned from his own honeymoon and gave a thumbs up to marriage. We met Tim, a guy who surprisingly confided in us ( upon Kassey telling him that Rachel was abstaining from sex until marriage) that he waited until he was 22 to have sex, which he felt was like 1000 years. Several guys asked Rachel if she deserved to wear white, and all of them were shocked to discover she actually was still a virgin. However, I was interested to find many of them said in a genuine tone "I totally respect that" instead of completely scoffing at the idea. Even though it seems 99% of the world isn't practicing abstinence until marriage anymore, it was refreshing to see that this is still a cherished concept for some.
While walking back to our cars, a group of three Scottish fellows begged for a ride to Jack in the Box, down a few blocks. Normally, I wouldn't be an idiot and allow 3 random guys in my car, but something about the Scottish accent is so disarming that I couldn't resist. So me, Kassey, and three drunk Scottish guys crammed into the car while they told us "the two of yous complete me" and other such gibberish. It was a hilarious memory I'll never forget. After safely transporting these jolly blokes to their greasy fast-food destination of choice, we were off to my house for ice cream, a chick flick, and more wedding talk. All in all, a fabulous evening.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha what a funny and candid night that was!