THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 09, 2006

what happened to big petticoats and fancy gloves?

I wanted to look nice today. Which for me, meant wearing a knee-length brown skirt, and a cute pink tweed blazer with some champagne color 1-inch heels. I found it comical that throughout my entire day at the office, I was asked repeatedly "What's the special occasion?", as if looking respectable at work indicated that there must be some huge celebration occurring somewhere. I even got asked by one of my supervisors, "Did you have an interview somewhere else today? Because if you did, you can always tell me." And she wasn't saying this in a joking sense, she was seriously worried that because I wore a skirt and heels to work, I must be interviewing elsewhere. I guess this is indicative of UCD work culture, its completely normal to wear jeans and a sweatshirt to work (unless you work with the big-wigs in the dean's office). And this is just dandy, I love the fact that I didn't have to go out and buy hundreds of dollars of work clothes because I can still wear the clothes I wore during college to work. But every once in a while, a girl just wants to get all dolled up....is that cause for alarm? Sheesh!

P.S.- The fall mix for 2006 is completed. Just throw a blank CD at me and I'll burn it for you!

3 comments:

Meg said...

excellent! ive been meaning to ask if you want to swap mixes - i've been listening to some great music lately. ill bring a blank CD and a copy of my mix to alumni night :)

SparkFaith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SparkFaith said...

TOO funny, I did the same last friday, wore a skirt, and got a new headband at target and the girls could not stop commenting that I looked cute. Coming from high schools can I take cute?

Oh and I will have to bring you a blank cd soon!