THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Running to catch up again

I haven't had this busy of a week in a while. For the majority of the nights the last seven days, I've stayed up past midnight---which wouldn't be that big a deal if I didn't have to do the whole 'work' thing. Blast you, alarm clock and your tortuous beeping! However, the loss of sleep was well worth it. And here's why:

Monday- ADX Rush Tea => it felt so good to be back at DCCC with fellow alum Rach, Bron, Megan, and Jodie. And I want to give a big shout out to Mrs. Jackie Caro's amazing coffee cake...yum!

Tuesday- Trivia Night @ Sophia's => Who thought that spending two hours answering 40 trivia questions ranging from reality shows to Greek mythology would be thoroughly enjoyable? It was a DHS reunion of sorts: myself, Amy, Susan, and then two guys who I literally haven't seen since high school. I'm definitely looking forward to more Tuesday Trivia nights and who knows, one of these times maybe we'll even get above 10th place!

Wednesday- ADX Pref. Dinner => all I can say is that I chose a great year to be co-advisor because the group welcomed 8 awesome pledges. I also got to know several of the newer girls who pledged last year through random conversations over dinner....I can't wait to get to know everyone better!

Thursday- Steve drove down from Chico for (what else?) a concert and stopped by to see our house. He told me about how he's going to go to this film festival in SoCal in a few weeks and wanted my opinion on what seminars to take. Man, am I jealous. Oh yeah, and David's dad drove up to help David with the patio. He thought he was just going to stay the day and leave around 6, but let's just say the project took a little longer than expected....

Friday- David and his dad spent another full day working on the patio and it makes me exhausted just thinking of how exhausted they were after they finally finished. Exactly an hour after they stopped working, we were in the Woodland Opera house with our bible study peeps watching the community production of Fiddler on the Roof. Besides the uncomfortable seats, I was very impressed with the cast's performance and it quenched my thirst for some showtunes.
Saturday- had a mini-housewarming party with my parents and my Aunt Becky and Uncle Chuck from Huntington Beach. I felt so proud to show them our house now that some of the rooms are painted and we finally got a second couch that really makes the living room look all grown up. It was a fun evening.

Well just recounting the week's events makes me realize the blessing of being surrounded by incredible friends and family! But I'm tired. I miss my bed and the fun times we used to have. So it's time to go catch up and prepare for the upcoming week---at the end of which I"ll turn 23!

0 comments: