THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 30, 2006

it doesn't cost a thing to laugh



"So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game
To find a way to say that life has just begun..."

~"Stop this Train", John Mayer


This weekend was non-stop action, so I'm taking some time to debrief at work by listening to Mr. Mayer, which always seems to calm me down.

I turned 23 on Sunday. It's kind of an anti-climactic age, but I had fun celebrating it none the less.

So the India.Arie concert was Friday and she is absolutely amazing in person. I know I seem to write this about every musician I see in concert, but what can I say, I just must have superb taste in artists that can knock your socks off when they perform live! Anyway, she played for over two hours and the most surprising thing to me was that after her second or third song, she prayed over the show and asked that God would use her lyrics to emotionally help people who were going through a hard relationship, just like she did a few years ago. When she sang "Wings of Forgiveness" (my fave song on her new CD), I teared up because you can tell she really does believe what she's singing. Sidenote: The Fillmore is a fantastic venue, if you have a chance to see a show there, DO IT!

Our Halloween bash was Saturday night and it was great to have such a random mix of friends there. And the winner for best costume? That honor goes to Brad Steiner and Kristen Jones for embodying (literally) "Fiddler on the Roof". Other costumes included Johnny Cash and June Carter, Arthur Dent from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Captain Jack Sparrow, Robin Hood and his fair maiden, James Bond and his mistress, a Dodgers fan, a Sac-town thug, and Sydney Bristow from ALIAS! A full roster indeed.

Yesterday was our big family housewarming party and that was a lot of fun as well. We got to show off our place to various cousins, aunts and uncles, both of our grandmas, and the rest of our family. It really was a huge blessing to have so many people from both sides of our families there to celebrate with us.

Another dynamite weekend....all I can say is "L'Chaim!"


Our families celebrate our new home with us




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your red walls! and im sorry we couldnt be there :( lets hang out soon - next week is the last LOST!