THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 22, 2006

these are a few of my favorite things

1. Product (RED).
This is an amazing idea: getting a bunch of big corporations (GAP, Motorla, Armani, American Express, Apple) to create "RED" products and donate HALF of the profits of these products to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS in Africa. Bono, you are brilliant....taking advantage of Amercian consumerism and spinning it into good! I proudly bought my Product (RED) shirt yesterday from GAP and I love the fact that all the shirts were produced in Africa, which also creates the added bonus of increasing economic development in the country.

2. A fun haircut.
I've been wanting to get a haircut for some time--I haven't had one since May. However, I wanted to make sure I could find someone who would share the same glorious vision I had for what style I wanted. Megan recommended her stylist, Dawn, to me and she was awesome! She gave me exactly what I wanted and she only charged $30. I think I've just permanently upgraded from my usual trim at Great Clips.

3. Surprises from my hubby.
So David and I were talking about doing something on Friday to celebrate my b-day and then he gives me this weird look and starts mumbling about how he has something to tell me. This was kinda freaking me out a little, and then after 10 minutes, he says "look under your pillow". Well by golly, there were two concert tickets to the India Arie show on Friday at the Fillmore!! He told me how he had bought the tickets for Amy and I to go, since he knew I'd have more fun at the concert with her since we are both huge India fans. How cute is that?!?! I love how he totally surprised me, and now I get to go to see one of my favorite artists in my favorite city!


My (RED) shirt, my new haircut, and my hubby = happy Kelli

2 comments:

SparkFaith said...

so exciting!

That is darling of David! Major points there!

Really sounds like the hosue is coming together! Congrats!

And ROCK ON for campaign RED!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you liked dawn! i can' wait to see your new hair live and in person :)