THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm ed-u-ma-cated

Classes at UCD began today. The round-abouts are full of amateur freshmen bikers, the Quad is lined with sandwich boards urging people to "rush this" or "join that", and the CoHo is back to being incredibly crowded. Another school year has begun, folks. And it's weird that I'm going on my second year of not being a student. However, I am posing as a student on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 12-1:30, where I'm auditing a US history class. I'm doing this for several reasons:

1) I realized that I miss the opportunity you get as a college student to learn about a specific area of study every quarter

2) I had terrible history teachers in high school; therefore, I want to become somewhat educated about our country and actually know about important things like the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights Movement

3) I'm just a big dork.

In other news, we're about 2/3rds moved into our new house! We've unpacked the kitchen and the bedroom and we've got all of our furniture moved in. Now we're left with the fun part of cleaning our apartment. We spent our first night at our house last night and it was just weird. I think it will take a few more weeks of settling in for it to feel like 'home'. I continute to be overwhelmed with this blessing and I can't wait to share it with other people (in other words, come on over!)

0 comments: