THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Can I break the spell of the typical

Key-tars are cool

Went and saw the Mute Math show with my brother last night at The Underground. They are definitely one of those bands that make the crowd feel like they are part of the show versus just singing to the crowd. Definitely rockin'.

I first heard of Mute Math in Relevant Magazine about a year and a half ago and they seemed like just another Brit-rock band wannabe. But as we know, first impressions aren't always right and that was exactly the case here. Not only are the guys from Mute Math not at all British (they're from New Orleans), they're not wannabes of any kind---they have a unique sound that mixes rock, electro-pop, and new wave. And the lead singer plays a key-tar! I mean honestly, how nerdy cool is that? Anyway, if you're intrigued and interested to hear their CD, shoot me a line and I'll hook you up. To get a sampling, go here.

In other news, I'm working on a fall mix....stay tuned!

0 comments: