THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

here's to the nights we felt alive

Friendships are so key in this life. Even Jesus, the human version of GOD, needed fellowship and found it within his twelve disciples. Friends make live worth living instead of just getting through. And sometimes you have those experiences where you just stop and realize how precious true friendship is.

This weekend was one of those experiences for me. On Saturday night, one of my dearest friends, Rachel, got engaged. Her fiance had the fantastic idea to organize all of her closest friends to be at his apartment to surprise her with an engagement party directly after the proposal. Looking around the room, it was amazing to see a group of us that first met each other in a bible study during freshmen year and I felt so blessed that we've all stayed friends throughout the years and have been able to see each other get engaged, get married, find jobs, and become 'grown-ups'.

The weekend continued...Sunday was the ADX Alumni get-together in San Francisco and sixteen alum were there! Someone mentioned, "wow--we all look so much older" and again it just caused me to wax nostalgic about first meeting these girls as a little freshman in college, unsure and skeptical about joining a sorority. I would never have guessed that so many of them would become lifelong friends. And again, I thanked God for the gift of friendship. And I know I can never thank Him enough.

0 comments: