THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 05, 2007

reflections

In the last week, I've learned the hard lesson of letting go of an expectation, and replacing it with the peace of knowing friendships don't need formalities or titles to mean something really special. Although this was a tough lesson, I think ultimately it provided an opportunity for God to teach me how to swallow my pride and replace it with understanding and support for a friend who really needs it.

In the last week, I've learned how fun it is to rediscover old songs on my piano. I found the sheet music to Mozart's Turkish March last Saturday, and it's weird how my fingers quickly remembered the notes of a song I haven't played since high school. I definitely love the challenge of tackling an old classical piece.

In the last week, I've learned how neat it is to know that I will soon be an official member of a church. David and I finished the last part of a new member series offered by UCC, and I really enjoyed hearing the background of the Covenant church in general, as well as the history of UCC in particular. I think making a commitment to a church is important, and I feel this was an important step for David and I to take.

I look forward to seeing what I learn in the coming week (month, quarter, year)....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat, Kel. Hey, Chris and I became members of our church on Sunday! What a coincidence!! Love you!
- Kate