THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sneezing into spring



Earlier this week, I wore my peacoat to work. Now, I'm in a short-sleeved shirt and a skirt. Spring has finally arrived. As glorious as this is after what seemed like non-stop rain for a few months, I remember why spring and I have a love/hate relationship. Spring brings everyone out from their caves and makes the quad a happy, lively place. Spring brings out all the cute capris and tank tops I've been wanting to wear. And spring also brings out the allergy demons (aka the itchy throat, watery eyes, runny nose demons). I'm taking action this year however, I've made an appointment to see an allergist next week! Its actually quite ridiculous to avoid being outside in this beautiful weather because I'm afraid of becoming incapacitated by all the pollens floating around. I think this would come in handy. Anyhow, that's my rant on allergies.

So last weekend was absolutely delightful. I held out hope, against everyone else who was sure it was going to rain on Picnic Day, and it turned out to be a perfectly sunny day. Besides the weather, it was just so fantastic to see so many people I haven't seen in a while. Aubrey hosted a wine and cheese soiree at her place on Friday, and it felt like an ADX reunion. Rachel and I talked later about how it is such a blessing to have a certain group of girls that you will always have a connection with, no matter what different paths our lives all take. It was really cool to hear where life is taking everyone---some to the city, some across the country to nursing school, some to marriage. I really enjoyed getting to catch up with everybody.

This weekend looks promising as well. We're taking off to San Francisco tomorrow afternoon to hang out with David's brother Jeff, and his cousin, Katie. Somehow we're going to cram in Jeff's apartment for the night, and then David and I are hitting up the ADX semi action and going to see "Fame Becomes Me", the pre-Broadway run of the new Martin Short musical. I'm excited!!

Oh gosh, I feel another sneeze coming on......why must you tease me this way spring?!

0 comments: