THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 24, 2010

i found my thrill on blueberry hill

At the beginning of July, I had an overwhelming desire to exclusively feature little blue juicy berries at the center of any summer baking recipes I would use and needless to say, blueberries have brought me and my stomach much joy in the last month. I have been fortunate in finding wonderful recipes that have been quite a hit in the Sholer kitchen, and I wanted to share them with anyone who fancies this fruit (which is not only delicious, but quite nutritious) as much as I do.

The first is an old favorite that I discovered several years ago in Rachael Ray's magazine: Rachael's Blueberry Cobbler. 



The second is a muffin recipe featured on Pioneer Woman's blog in which fresh blueberries are a MUST for the best results. When my muffins came out of the oven, I was so proud because my muffins looked exactly like the picture and I consider this a big accomplishment. Small victories, people.



The third is a recipe I used just this morning in preparing for a brunch I was hosting. I found a link to it on Tastespotting.com and honestly, I just liked the name of the recipe, "Blueberry Boy Bait" (the recipe was originally submitted in a 1950's Pillsbury bake-off contest). And yes, I think that with this cake you could bribe someone whether they were male OR female. Mmmm!


Anyone else have any good blueberry recipes?


1 comments:

Jennifer Jarvis said...

You are such a cute little baker lady. Good job! I need a new blueberry muffin recipe so I will have to try yours! Emma eats about 100 blueberries a day, she shares your sentiment :)