THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

101 days of summer

The lazy days of summer are over, as of tomorrow. I wanted to particularly relish every moment of this summer, knowing that once grad classes began in the fall, it wouldn't be until Christmas break that I'd have a good amount of free time again.

Here's a numbers breakdown of my summer:

Weddings Attended: 3

Brea and Nathan
Katy and Dale
Heather and Justin

Weddings I Wanted to Go To, But Couldn't: 2

Ashley and Mike
Carol and Joe


Movies Seen in Theatres: 4

Up
Star Trek
500 Days of Summer (yes, I stole my blog post title from this)
Julie & Julia

Movies Rented: 14

I Love You, Man
The Spirit of the Marathon
Taken
Last Chance Harvey
Rachel Getting Married
Road to Perdition
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Evening
Sophie's Choice
Doubt
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Lakeview Terrace
Yes Man
Bolt


Books Read: 10

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
Two Part Invention by Madeleine L'Engle
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut (re-reading it for the first time since 10th grade)
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Musical Theatre Performances Attended: 2

Wicked
The Music Man


Live Music Events Attended: 2

Jimmy Buffett - Concord, CA
Preservation Hall Jazz Band - New Orleans, LA

New States Visited: 6

Vermont
New Hampshire
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Maine
Louisiana

All added together, it equals one fantastic summer!

2 comments:

The Roumbaniseses said...

I love your list - what a fantastic summer!

Kate said...

Wow...um, I worked a lot this summer! I love Francis Chan - he used to speak at chapel at Westmont pretty regularly and he was amazing. How did you like "My Sister's Keeper" - I read it about 4 years ago and loved. And I LOVE Madeleine L'Engle.