THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

i write you visions of my summer

Since this week marks the start of summer on the UCD campus, I was reflecting yesterday about what the season of summer for me used to be like 10-15 years ago. This would be my typical routine:

My brother and I would wake up about the same time (around 9:30) and would roll out of bed to go have a nutritious breakfast of Captain Crunch or some other cereal with a million grams of sugar.

Then we would rush to turn the TV on to catch "Price is Right", where we would watch Bob Barker in all his fake-tanned glory. During these summers, I became quite knowledgeable of what the cost of random household items were due to such games like:

The Grocery Game


Pass the Buck




After Price is Right, my brother and I would play hours of the latest video game on our high-tech gaming system (either Super NES of Nintendo 64). My favorites included:





Then we'd maybe swim in our backyard pool or play a game of rollerblade hockey with other neighborhood kids until dinner.

It's comical to think back about what my summers used to be compared to working 8 hour days during my summers now. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that one is better than the other. Sounds crazy, right? Well I think of it this way: working during the summer allows us to afford to be able to take a cool vacation somewhere versus spending all day watching TV and playing video games. So anyway, cheers to the summer of old and here's to the summers of new!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

i love how your blog entries are always jampacked with pictures.
p.s..i LOVED super mario world!