THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 10, 2006

every new day

Today was a good day, plain and simple.

First, we went to Knights Landing (a small town of about 800 people 10 miles outside of Woodland) to help Cody and Diana paint their house. This couple is ambitious folks---not only are they painting the entire exterior of their house, they are ripping out a few walls in the bathroom, redoing the flooring in their bedroom and living room, and converting a small storage shed behind their house into a guest cottage. Holy crap, I'm glad we're buying our house new because I'm just too lazy and impatient for a bunch of house projects. Anyway, they treated us to a meal at the local Mexican restaurant, Los Yaquis, and I got a delicious burrito with marinated pork...mmmmm.

Then David and I took a trip to Trader Joe's, which always brightens my day. We hadn't been in a while, so we ended up buying a good amount of things we needed, but mostly things we didn't need but really wanted. The Cuban Mojito Simmering Sauce sounded too yummy to pass up. And I had to buy another box of the Vanilla Cake mix because honestly it is the best tasting white cake I've ever had. Throw in some tomato/basil hummus, Frenchberry lemonade, gorgonzola gnocchi, and butterscotch morsels, etc. and we finally dragged ourselves out before we did anymore monetary damage.

Later in the evening, I went to Mindy's bachelorette party and it's always fun to see a random assortment of ADX girls. I can't believe Mindy will be Mrs. Champagne next weekend!

So all these things together amounted to a great day. And now, on to what the next day brings...

0 comments: