THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 20, 2009

spotlight is on


MuteMath at the Fillmore

This is just a tad late (by about six weeks) but I still think it is deserving of a post. Back in October, I went to see MuteMath for the second time with my brother. However, the location and venue were a thousand times better than when I first saw them a few years ago in Roseville, CA at a small concert space attached to a church. The crowd at the Roseville show was so rude, immature (mainly young emo teenage wannabes), and you could tell that it affected the the mood of the band. There wasn't much energy in the crowd so I think the MuteMath guys had a hard time giving a truly passionate performance.
This experience was completely different and I'm so glad I got to see MuteMath really in their element. They played at the Fillmore in San Francisco, one of my absolute favorite concert venues. I will admit that going into the concert with my spry younger brother, I was a little weary of standing for 3+ hours (we arrived at 7:30, the show didn't start until 9 and didn't end until 11:30) and yes, this is a sign that I'm getting old and decrepit. But any aching in my feet was well worth it for a fantastic show that really made me forget about standing for so long. They are one of the most energetic and interactive bands you will ever see live and very physical in their performance---jumping, throwing themselves into the crowd, leaping off a piano and standing on drums. However, it never comes across as over the top but rather is delivered in a way that genuinely demonstrates their fervor for music and their excitement for playing it live. I hope to see many more MuteMath shows in my lifetime!

0 comments: