THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

thinking over

It's hard not to feel overwhelmed by the state of our economy when it's pretty much all that is discussed on the news, on the radio, on the political blogs I read. And President Obama, whose name for many people is synonymous with optimism, has gloomily warned that 'crisis will turn into catastrophe' if there is a failure to pass the stimulus package quickly. But is it the right legislation that will have the most effective outcome? Well, maybe I could start with figuring out what's even in the bill...if I had enough motivation to devote a full day to reading the 780 page text. Bottom line: no one really knows a surefire way to get America out of this mess If the people who are supposedly experts in economics are scratching their heads about what to do, it's hard to feel reassured.

I have to remind myself that my hope is not in the things of this world and instead of worrying, I need to focus on how I can best love and reach out to those who most affected by the hard economic times we are facing. And maybe this will be the upside of the recession: helping Americans break out of our individualistic mindsets and rely on one another more to get through this hard time. In the end, it may be a lesson worth learning.

0 comments: