THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

there will be boredom

Went and saw the much critically acclaimed "There Will Be Blood"this weekend with my brother, thinking it would be a great cinematic experience. Well, I would definitely NOT recommend seeing this film. Instead of giving my own review, here's a link to a review from "First Showing", which articulates all the reasons I did not like the movie:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/01/14/jaq-sees-there-will-be-blood-and-tears/

I am really sad I did not see "Atonement" instead.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Creveling told me the same thing - that she really didn't like "There Will Be Blood." Haven't seen it but it's gotten like crazy Oscar nominations. You probably would have been a little less bored with "Atonement" but eh. I don't see what the big deal is. "Kite Runner" should have deserved best picture at the Golden Globes and certainly an Oscar nomination for something other than best score/music.

Anonymous said...

Hey there - interesting, because that movie's gotten so many good reviews and award nominations. I loved Atonement - very true to the book and beautifully filmed. Got to say, did not love Kite Runner - lacked the artistry of the book and I was disappointed by it. - Kate