THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

with all of my symphonies, in 24 parts


Twenty-four years on this planet...and I find myself in a pretty darn good place. I have a husband who loves me, family who loves me, friends who love me, and most importantly, a God who loves me and shows His love through all the people mentioned above. Year #23 was a year with it's ups and downs. I was exposed to several people in my life experiencing illness, and through these experiences I have gained a new perspective on how God is always with us in times of struggle, but that does not mean the struggle will instantly go away. I also attended a multitude of weddings during the last year and watched so many dear friends enter into marriage. I got to see my brother further pursue his dream of being a filmmaker by being part of a USC film program this summer. I have seen how my parent's have become happier after getting another dog (and I have loved being Milo's auntie!). I have continued to ponder my career path, and then have also been challenged with the concept that our main occupation on Earth is to be lovers of God and lovers of people, and whatever we do to pay the bills is secondary (this comes from reading Shane Claiborne's The Irresistible Revolution...amazing book). I look forward to year #24 and all that the next 365 days have to offer.

1 comments:

SparkFaith said...

How cool, my church is reading that book right now and doing a sermon series on being part of the revolution. SO cool!